Cracked feet are very common and can cause a lot of discomforts. Not to forget they stop you from wearing all kinds of shoes. This condition basically takes place due to the lack of enough water in the body. The skin becomes patched, dry and your heels start to crack. Walking barefoot a lot can also cause this problem. Everything put aside, it is quite easy to get rid of dry and cracked feet. Using some basic everyday things that you find in your kitchen, you can treat this condition.
1. Use Baking Soda
Here, we need the most common ingredient from the kitchen!
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in warm water
- Soak your feet in the liquid for about half an hour.
- For maximum benefit, you can add bath salts to it. Bath salt is easily available in the market and helps to soften the skin and ease the muscles.
- Repeat it regularly!
2. The Magic Of Banana
Banana is a tropical fruit that boasts of a number of health benefits. It even helps to cure super-cracked feet without any hassle.
- Whip a ripe banana in a mixer
- Apply the paste evenly on your feet.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Try this remedy once in a week and achieve the desired result.
3. Daily Cleaning Regime
Following a strict regimen for cleaning the feet regularly is very important. It will prevent the accumulation of dead skin as well as protect your skin from drying and peeling off. All you need to do is follow a simple procedure every night before sleeping.
- Just add a bit of salt in warm water
- Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes.
- Once you’re done, pat them dry, and follow it up with a good moisturizer.
- Wearing socks while sleeping will help to lock in the moisture.
4. Wonder Of Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great moisturizer, especially for dry skin.
- The easiest way is to dip a cotton ball into olive oil and apply it to the affected areas.
- Gently massage in a circular motion and once you’re done with the massage,
- wear a pair of socks and let your skin absorb the oil. Rinse off your feet after an hour.
- For maximum benefit, leave the oil on the skin overnight and rinse off the next morning.
5. Use Vinegar
- Prepare a warm soak at home by adding apple cider vinegar to it and treat the ugly and dry cracks on your heels!
- You can also add two drops of dish wash to the liquid for better results.
6. Try Peppermint Oil
Apply some peppermint oil on your cracked heels every day before going to bed.
The antiseptic properties present in the oil will not only kill germs and bacteria but will also prevent you from getting infections. It will also reduce the soreness.
7. DIY Scrub
Treat your dry and cracked heels with this simple homemade scrub.
- You can make this scrub by mixing oatmeal with lemon juice.
- Make a paste and apply on the affected heels for about 30 minutes
- Then rinse it off with cold water.
- You can also use jojoba oil or Vaseline instead of lemon juice.
8. Treat It With Honey
Honey has many healing properties and is an excellent product for the skin.
- Add a cup of raw honey to in a bucketful of warm water.
- Soak your feet in that bucket.
- Repeat it every day for around 10 to 15 minutes and say bye-bye to the dryness.
9. Best Natural Moisturizer – Milk
- Prepare a warm foot soak by adding a cup of hot milk into it.
- Soak your feet in it for some time.
- Do this every day and you will soon love your soft feet!
10. Soak Feet In Lukewarm Water
- Once or twice a week, soak your feet in lukewarm water diluted with two tablespoons of sea salt for about 20 minutes.
- Then scrape off the dead cells with a mild foot scrub or pumice stone.